A series of slow-grown free range meat boxes delivered each month for 3 months.
If you want to plan ahead and experience a range of different free range meats from the very best ethical farmers without signing up to a subscription, this easy option is for you.
You will receive:
• a box of 4 slow-grown free range organic chickens.
• a half mutton/hogget box, and
• a carbon-negative 16th cow share box
Slow-grown free range meat comes from breeds grown slowly, living with the sort of space you imagine when someone says "farm".
• Chickens each have space to roam equivalent to two standard double beds. In a typical factory farm with Red Tractor certification there would be 100 chickens crammed into the same space. Our free range chickens are reared for around 80 days, compared to 33 days for a typical supermarket bird.
• Our hogget are 1-2yrs old and the mutton 2+ years, and are fed exclusively as nature intended on grass after weaning. Supermarket new season Red Tractor Certified lamb is reared indoors on grain, each having an area smaller than a single bed and fattened in just a few months.
• Our conservation-grazed regenerative organic beef (see below to understand what that means) is reared slowly for 24-36 months on grass. It is simply incomparable to the fast-reared, low cost, grain-fed, 12 month rearing of supermarket beef. Our farmers will typically have two cows on an area of thick grass the size of a football pitch, compared to 1500 cows that can be reared in the same space for supermarkets and still receive a Red Tractor Certification.
The farmer we carefully select will be in touch after ordering to help you decide on the choices of cuts for your joint in that month’s box. If you have a preference for what order your boxes come in please let us know in the comments box at check out.
The average cost is £9.66/kg (excl. delivery) or £1.36 per 125g portion (incl. delivery)
SLOW-GROWN HALF MUTTON/HOGGET BOX (10-11kg & £9/kg)
Our hogget is larger than a typical lamb as a longer, more patient approach allows for more growth. It contains a tender leg roasting joint, 4 chump steaks, 5 loin chops, a 7-cutlet rack of lamb, 1 succulent shoulder joint, 1 rolled breast joint, and 2 lamb shanks or tasty neck fillet and often an additional pack of mince too. Your choices include having the joints boned, diced or perfectly butterflied for the BBQ. You may also choose to have sweet and tender cutlet chops instead of the French-trimmed rack of lamb and mince instead of the rolled breast joint.
SLOW-GROWN CHICKEN BOX (9kg & £7.50/kg)
Our slow-grown chickens are reared for 80 days, more than twice that of standard chickens using a carefully selected breed best-suited to its very free-range environment. Your box will contain four 2kg chickens.
REGENERATIVE CONSERVATION-GRAZED BEEF BOX (10-11kg & £13.00/kg)
Typically contains 4 x 250g fillet/feather or 4 x 250g rib eye steaks , 4 x 250g sirloin/rump steaks, 4 x 250g bavette steaks, a 1.7kg topside or silverside premium roast joint, a 1kg slow roasting brisket or LMC joint, 1.2kg of lean diced beef and a further 2kg of steak mince. Your choices of cuts include steaks on-the-bone, diced beef or steak mince burgers for the BBQ.
*Regenerative organic beef cows (think organic ultra +++ ) are reared along the principles of conservation grazing - they are at pasture all year round and are moved carefully in rotation to graze intensively on grass that has been allowed to grow up to two feet long. When the (longer) roots die back and the cows trample their organic manure and grass stalks into the ground, the effect on the soil ecosystem is dramatic. Significant levels of carbon is trapped back into the soil. This rearing method produces the tastiest beef in the most natural way and is transforming not just the soil but also the carbon footprint of beef production itself.
Product - QSG29M123